Sustainability without Compromise
One of the most widely discussed sustainability issues throughout the world today is the rapidly increasing price and demand of energy supply. Along with this comes the broadening awareness of the environment impact and depletion of fossil fuels, which has created natural drive towards energy saving and the widely encouraged use of renewable energy sources, energy conservation best practices, and the development and advancement of energy efficient standards, processes and technologies. Hedrick Associates represents Vertiv/Liebert, a leading manufacturer of power quality improvement equipment and uninterruptable power supplies (UPS). The clients that drive the demand for these products are very demanding in their expectations of power availability and the protection of their critical business assets. Where maximum uptime is paramount for these clients, the presence of a UPS is an indispensable prerequisite for a reliable power infrastructure able to achieve maximum load safeguarding and conservation. Whilst a certain amount of energy loss is inevitable, it is evident that the reduction of UPS power consumption and the consequent increase of its efficiency will significantly contribute to lowering excess energy waste, maximizing the over all running cost-saving of the energy bill. The savings accomplished 24 hours a day, 365 days a year over a five-year period, would not only equal the purchase price of the UPS but also actively contribute to reducing CO2 and other global warming emissions, ensuring the lowest environmental impact of the chosen power protection solution. That is why Vertiv/Liebert offers some of the most efficient and reliable UPS products on the market, including:
- The Vertiv Liebert EXM UPS is a three-phase, modular, scalable, uninterruptable power supply based on a reliable, double-conversion power topology that uses efficient transformer-free design. Excellent efficiencies of 97% lead the industry for modular UPS system and can be enhanced to 99% using Liebert’s unique Eco Mode. A unity power factor delivers more capacity in a smaller footprint.
- The Vertiv Liebert GXT4 UPS is a single-phase, rack/tower mount uninterruptable power supply that is also based on a reliable, double-conversion power topology. The family of GXT4 UPSs offer Energy Star® models, and all GXT3 UPS systems offer user selectable Eco Mode topology for providing highest operating efficiency.
Hedrick Associates represents Southern Tier Technologies, a manufacturer of dynamic power factor correction products. There’s no easier way to quickly reduce energy consumption than to install a power factor correction device. It’s estimated, for each kVAR of POWER FACTOR correction, 300lbs of CO2 emissions are eliminated each year. When a typical PFC installation involves a few hundred to a thousand more kVARs, in a few short years, this can account for hundreds of tons of reduced carbon production. Southern Tier Technologies offers an advanced product that reacts and responds to electrical demand faster and more precisely than typical power factor correction products, maximizing the benefit to the facility owner.
- The Tier 500PFC utilizes a real-time power monitoring and microprocessor control technology to continuously evaluate your electrical system and engage the exact amount of power correction at the precise moment needed. Its sub-cycle response means the system is fast enough to respond to any load type, including those that are random and dynamic in nature. For those with high monthly kW demand; installing a power factor correction system will reduce your monthly utility costs. The typical payback for Tier 500PFC is 1-3 years.
Hedrick Associates represents Power Quality International (PQI), a manufacturer of harmonic mitigating and ultra-high efficiency transformers. PQI features the following products that lend themselves to producing a more sustainable facility.
- Ultra-efficient e-Rated transformers (EY): Our type EY e-Rated transformers are an easy choice for building owners looking for energy-efficient solutions with exceptional performance, even in lightly-loaded settings such as schools and commercial buildings. Because most distribution transformers are loaded less than 35% on average, we designed our EY transformer for extremely low no-load (core) losses with an advanced full and step-lap, miter-cut core design with grain-oriented silicon steel.
- Distribution TransFilters™: Facilities often support a high percentage of electronic loads (computers, phones, LED lighting, etc). These are considered non-linear loads. Harmonics generated from this equipment, as well as other facility equipment such as lighting ballasts, inverters, and VFDs, are a primary cause of equipment failures and energy losses. The harmonic mitigation performed by PWI’s Distribution Transfilters is especially crucial for operations involving motors since harmonic currents lead to the decreased motor efficiency, increased heating, and reduced motor life. We will work with you to develop a system wide approach that may include proper application of our Distribution TransFilters™, to deliver high power and industry leading efficiency no matter what the profile is of your electrical equipment loading.
Please click on the products below to learn more about the benefits they can provide!